Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Da Fanged Maw

The tribe of the Fanged Maw is my first full unit of orc boyz. It was so much fun painting these models. I've given them light armor, shields, and spears.



I knew right away I needed to have shields with grinning faces. Nothing is more iconic in Oldhammer than that!



There are a few models mixed in without obvious tribal affiliation so I can mix and match them with my second unit (coming soon) to vary the size of each. 

I'll have some pics of the completed unit soon, but I want to set up a proper shoot with terrain. In the mean time, I'll have some WiP pics of the second tribe - the Bloody Hand - up later this week!

6 comments:

  1. Those orcs look great, especially the shields

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on those orks, I had a fair few of those same figures back in the day. I note that your shields are flat, have you use newer shields with flat surfaces, or filed down those old lumps that the figures used to have that acted as a "sort of" shield boss that was the style back then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used newer shields when I wanted flat faces. I've tried cutting, filing, and filling but never really achieved a smooth result.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to ride these down with my dwarf cavalry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah! They’ll need ladders even on the back of those mules!

      Delete
  4. Ha, they look tasty indeed, I love them!

    ReplyDelete