Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year

So here is the first Rogue Trader model of 2018...


NEVER been a fan of these style britches and I almost took clippers and file to them, but decided against it. I think I'm going to go back in and repaint the coat into a dark bomber jacket with a cream colored collar because sitting here looking at the pic I don't like it at all. I only need to paint seven more adventurers to finally finish this collection...

Psyker
Squat Engineer
Squat Miner
Test-bed Slave
Scum
Astropath Korm
Eldar Trader

I could paint these in a few days if I get myself motivated.

2017 was a dismal year for me as far as Oldhammer and Rogue Trader were concerned. I only painted around thirty models in these collections and over half of those were part of the Old World Army Challenge in November and December. I have around fifty models to go for that project so I should easily eclipse that total this year and I AM going to finish the adventurers range. Hopefully 2018 will be a better year of old school goodness...

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I like how this figure looks, but I get the decision to darken the jacket and lighten the cuffs and collar. I look forward to seeing the adventurers completed. Do I smell a zine article?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the balance between colours, but a darker jacket would focus attention on the face and create contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jacket. It is bright, but in the context of the team, shouldn't he stand out a little?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutting edge fashion will always be reviled at first. Jodhpurs for 2018, you seen it here first folks.

    The pistol looks *really* familiar. Is it from another model? I feel like i should be able to place it, but can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys... Dave, the pistol was the original on the model. It looks like an Eldar style las pistol...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Clarence! I think he looks rather dashing as he is but totally understand how things sometimes just don't look "right" in our heads as painters.

    ReplyDelete