Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Oldhammer Empire Army - Part Three

Then there was cavalry...

In third edition, these would be Temple Ritterbruden, though I would field them with heavy weapons instead of lances and no shields.



Again, in third edition, the Kislev allies don't really match these models so I simply field these as Stadtsknechts. These are some of my favorite models I've ever painted, but I just noticed I didn't paint the edge of the banner. Hmph, I'm off to do that now.


Besides these, I also have Reiksguard Knights (the original metals), Knights Panther (newer Plastic minis), Kislev Horse Archers, and the Knights of Morr (converted plastics with greenstuff tattered cloaks). These suffer the same affliction of my handgunners in that they are on Goblin Green bases and will be camera shy until I get around to rebasing them.

That's it for now. Of course I have artillery too, but again on green bases. I probably have enough Empire to face off against my Chaos and Undead combined. Certainly if I painted a few of the Dwarf and Bretonnian units I have in the cupboard. One of these days...

7 comments:

  1. That Wolf Banner is stunning! Can't wait to see more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I've always wanted a unit of winged kislevite lancers. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive indeed. Though, I must repeat my comment that, this being an old school blog (supposedly),we want the goblin green bases; your audience demands it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh... actually, the bases from Rogue Trader had brown or black edges. I've painted my bases brown since the 80's (ouch). This Empire army was the only one I've ever painted with green!

      Delete
  4. So many stunning colours and accents. I love the red horses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful figures, great colors!

    ReplyDelete