Sunday, March 22, 2015

Look What I Found

This isn't an eBay purchase... it is an original kit I purchased in the early 90's. I stumbled on it while I was digging through my cabinets searching for another model (a Rogue Trader SM Landspeeder which I have yet to find).



I've shifted this box around dozens of times without paying much heed to it. My boxes rarely contain what's pictured as my collection has been shuffled and condensed many times. It was at the bottom of a stack of Space Marine stuff and I decided to see what was in it. Turns out it was a complete unassembled rhino kit, including the instructions and decals, in mint condition!

Now I just need to decide how to paint it! It will certainly be for my Ultrmarines Tactical Squad, but I am torn between the standard blue or one of the old school camo patterns...


What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice treasure.
    You should totally go for the old school camo. Maybe a pattern with blue hues to merge with the ultramarine's heraldry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, a camo pattern including the blue would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's where I'm headed... I am building the kit this week so hopefully I'll have some progress to report soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, where do you store all your stuff, aladdins cave? LOL

    that is a nice find amongest your stuff though and yeah, not enough marines in camo

    ReplyDelete