Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bugman's Rangers - Standard Bearer

One of the first things I paint when starting any new unit is the standard bearer. This has always been one of my favorite dwarf miniatures - the pose, the beard. the girth... great stuff! Just a lot of character in this model.




This casting has something strange going on around the left eye. I'm not sure if it was intentional or some sort of miscast, but I ran with it and painted it as an empty socket and scar. The banner is a slight variation on the classic 'official' design in that I moved the 'spike' to the top corner of the flag rather than the center which just looked strange to me. I also swapped the sides of the flag, because compositionally, I wanted the banner over the bearer's head. If I left the 'official' version, that would have put the tankard on the back. If anyone wants the flag for their own unit, feel free...


1 comment:

  1. Great work on that classic banner bearer, he looks like a right grizzled veteran.

    ReplyDelete